To download a hardcopy of the below, please click here. The file also includes the Permission Form & Registration for Mahragan ElKeraza that is required to be filled by parents/guardians of participants UNDER 18 years old. Please hand in this form to your child's Sunday School teacher as soon as possible.
COPTIC ORTHODOX PATRIARCHATE
St Mary & St Abraam Coptic Orthodox Church, Ajax, Ontario
Important Information about Mahragan El Keraza 2016
Mahragan Dates and Location
- The Regional Competition of Mahragan El Keraza will be held on September 10th & 11th this year. The Theme of this year’s Mahragan is “Taste & See, The Lord is Good”
- The Regional Award Ceremony will be held on September 25th.
- It is held at Church of Virgin Mary & St. Athanasius, 1245 Eglinton Avenue West, Mississauga, ON
Website for Mahragan Elkeraza http://www.mahragan.ca/ It has all the information and the curriculum.
Please Fill in a permission form for your kid. Ask the servants in your kids Sunday School class to give you the permission form.
Complete Forms need to be returned to your kid servants no later than June 25, 2016.
The Mahragan El Keraza includes many activities depending on the grade of the children. The activities include:
1) Spiritual and Memorization
3) Hymns and Tasbeha
4) Coptic Language:
5) Drama& Mime: Play or Drama & Mime
6) Praise& Music
8) Creative writing
9) Multimedia& Technology
- Soccer (for Grade1 & up)
- Basketball (for Grade 3 & up)
- Relay (for K to Grade 4)
- Table tennis (for Grade 3 & up)
- Chess (for Grade 3 & up)
Participation in the Spiritual is a must to participate in any other activity. Please encourage you son/daughter to participate in many activities. Fill in the checklist of activities and submit to the servants.
Books for Mahragan or photocopies
Coloured hard copies of the books can be bought directly from the Mahragan website http://www.mahragan.ca/#!orders/c1u2v at a cost of $10 per book. As a cheaper option, our church would provide your child with a black and white photocopy. Please make a contribution of $3 to cover the cost.
The Church T-Shirts with Mahragan logo will be available at $7. However we need to know the number of participants as soon as possible to make the T-shirt order.
Transportation for Mahragan
Please inform the servants if you think it is a good idea to rent the bus for transportation of kids to the Mahragan ONLY on Saturday September 10, 2016, again ONLY on Saturday. Please note that the bus cost the church about $450 per day. However, Parents will be responsible for driving the kids on Sunday September 11, 2016.
Estimated Costs (subject to change):
- If using a bus on Saturday Sep 10 and your own vehicle on Sun Sep 11:
- Estimated cost per kid is $40 ($20 for registration + $7 for T-Shirt + $10 for bus + $3 for booklet)(the church will pay the balance)).
- If you have your own transportation for both days
- Estimated cost per kid is $30 ($20 for registration + $7 for T-Shirt + $3 for booklet) (the church will pay the balance)).
Special Information regarding Table Tennis (Ping-pong) and Chess:
As you know Table Tennis (Ping-Pong) and Chess are not team activities but rather a single player activities. The Mahragan organizing committee often limit the number of players per church and per grade (For example they may allow only one player per church in the age group of G3-4 and only one player in the age group for Grade 5-6).
Some kids may not be able to represent the church in ping-pong and chess, even if they were interested. We will determine who represent the church based on the following criteria:
2) Attendance of practices
3) Performance level
How this is going to work:
1) Good Behaviour (30%): will be demonstrated by
- listening to the teacher
- not disturbing the activity
- helping in the set up of the equipment and its removal at each session
2) Attendance in the practices (30%)
- A minimum attendance of 50% of the practice between May 28, 2019 and July 16, 2016.Practices schedule is generally as follows but may change:
- Ping Pong (Saturdays from 4:00 pm to 4:45 pm)
- Chess (Saturdays from 4:45 pm to 5:30 pm)
- presence in the particular activity (just being in church is not enough to be counted as attendance)
- Please note that from July 23 to September 3, the practices will be reserved to ONLY the players who will represent the church at the Mahragan based on the above criteria.
3) Performance level and skill (40%)
- The coach will determine the level of the players
- Tests or games may be used to determine the performance level
If you have any question, please ask your Sunday school servant.
To download a hardcopy of the above, please click here. The file also includes the Permission Form & Registration for Mahragan ElKeraza that is required to be filled by parents/guardians of participants UNDER 18 years old. Please hand in this form to your child's Sunday School teacher as soon as possible.
|Gr JK & SK||Gr 1 & 2||Gr 3 & 4||Gr 5 & 6||Gr 7 & 8||Gr 9 - 12 & English Adults|
|Books||Spiritual JK & SK||Spiritual Grade 1 & 2||Spiritual Grade 3 & 4||Spiritual Grade 5 & 6||Spiritual Grade 7 & 8||Spiritual Grade 9 - Adults English|
|Praises & Music||Praises & Music guidelines for all grades
|Hymns||Hymns guidelines for all grades|
|Arts||Arts guidelines for all grades|
|Sports||Sports guidelines for all grades|
|Drama||Drama guidelines for all grades|
|Creative Writing||Creative writing guidelines for all grades|
|Research||Research guidelines for all grades|
|Multimedia||Multimedia guidelines for all grades|